National Water Week tips
It’s water-saving week and we’ve sourced the best tips for conserving water. The overriding approach is to be smart and mindful in your lifestyle choices as most water-saving tips are common sense.
- Here’s how you can save that extra bit of water. On cold mornings, rather wipe down your misty windows with a towel or rag, instead of pouring water over it
- Do not let your tap run unnecessarily in your household
- Find a waterless car-wash, or use a bucket when you absolutely have to get your car washed.
- Get someone who knows what they’re doing to fix any leaks in your household or business premises.
- Water your garden when the sun is down (If you have to) Watering your garden in the early morning or late evening allows the grass and plants to soak up water without it being evaporated by the sun. Or alternatively use greywater to water your plants (Recycled water)
- Don’t leave your taps running while you brush your teeth, soap up or shave. Turn off the tap during those in-between times and use a reusable cup when brushing your teeth.
- Lastly, cut your showers down to two minutes.
IMAGE: Love to know (Home & Garden)