Our sweet and sassy Sally Strawberry originates from Stellenbosch and is in season during Spring and Summer! Strawberries tend to bring about the nostalgia of the beautiful sunny days, enjoying them in your lunch box, smoothies and packed for a road trip to your fave picnic spot.
Why do you need to include strawberries in your healthy lifestyle?
- The polyphenolic and antioxidant properties improve the immune system, longevity and help reduce inflammation
- Packed with Vitamin C for your immune system
- Rich in magnesium and potassium which helps maintain normal blood pressure
- High in fibre, folate and low GI which means they aid in prevention of Heart disease and reduce cholesterol
1 Cup of Strawberries only contains 50 calories! As well as Calcium, Fibre, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Potassium, Selenium, Vitamin C, Folate and Vitamin A.
When in season, strawberries are not only great for fruit salad, smoothies or as a snack but they can be incorporated into your diet in other ways:
- Add diced strawberries to your Chicken Salad
- Top off your Oats, waffles and pancakes with strawberries and honey
- Toss them into a spinach salad with feta cheese and nuts
- Drop them in your sparkling water or champagne for some flavour
- Dip them in some melted chocolate
- Add them to your muffins or top off your scones
Get your healthy dose of Strawberries from a FreshStop, available in Spring and Summer!