Our Benny Banana comes from Tzaneen, his ancestors came from Asia and today his banana family is grown in over 107 countries around the World. It is the ultimate energy-boosting lunch box snack and great at any time of the day.
What does Benny banana do for us?
- Rich in Potassium which is a mineral that helps muscles function, and it helps maintain fluid levels in your body.
- Vitamin B6 helps to reduce swelling, protect against diabetes, strengthen the nervous system, aid in weight loss and help with the production of white blood cells.
- High in fibre, which breaks down carbohydrates and regulates the digestive system.
- Magnesium and iron help strengthen your blood and relieve anaemia.
- High in Vitamin B’s which give you energy
- Can help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel
How do you like to enjoy Bananas?
- Freeze them (peeled) and add them to your smoothies or smoothie bowls
- Enjoy banana muffins or banana bread
- Lightly fry or roast them to enjoy with your breakfast
- One of our FAVES: Make “Nice Cream” – Frozen bananas blended up with Coconut Cream into an ice cream consistency and add your flavour of choice.
- Banana Pancakes drizzled with honey, yes, please!
- In season now, Banana and Avocado Smoothie
- Slice some up and add it to your cereal, or with your Chia Pudding
- Slice them up and enjoy them with peanut butter (For loads of energy)
- Garnish your Bobotie or Curry (Perfect Winter Comfort Food)
Whether you eat them as is, or experiment, make sure you are eating your nutritious 5 a day. Happy eating, with Love from Benny Banana and the FreshStop Goodness Gang 🙂
#FSGoodnessGang #GoodnessGangJourney #HealthyLifestyle