TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN RESPECT OF THE CALTEX REWARD OFFER MADE BY ASTRON ENERGY (PTY) LTD (“THE PROMOTER”) VIA THE FRESHSTOP REWARD PROGRAM
Important clauses, which may limit our responsibility; place an obligation on you to indemnify us; involve an acknowledgement of any fact; or involve some risk for you, will be in bold and italics or highlighted. You must pay special attention to these clauses.
- Subject to clause 1.3 below, we are offering you the opportunity to qualify for a R12 reward offer via the FreshStop Rewards program app for every R300 spent on any fuel purchase(“Offer”) at any of the following Caltex service stations:
1.1.1 Caltex South Gate Service Station at 1 Ashgate Road, South Gate Industrial Park, Umbogintwini, Durban;
1.1.2 Caltex Toti Oasis at 462 Kingsway Road, Amanzimtoti, Durban;
1.1.3 Caltex South Coast Auto at 34 Kingsway Road, Amanzimtoti, Durban
- In other words, every R300 spent on any fuel purchase and multiples thereof can qualify for the reward, for example: R299 spent will qualify for R0 reward, R350 spent will qualify for R12 reward, R680 spent will qualify for R24 and R920 will qualify for R36. This offer is only available at the service stations stipulated in Clause 1.1.
- This offer starts at 00:00 on Monday 15th Feb 2020 and ends at 23:59 on 15th May 2020 (“Promotion Period”) or until all 500
- WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS OFFER
You qualify for this Offer if you meet all the following criteria:
- you are 18 years or older;
- you have downloaded the FreshStop Rewards App from the Google Play Store as directed via the FreshStop website https://freshstop.co.za/save-with-freshstop-rewards-app/ supported by Freshstop radio and TV advertisements, press releases and on line social media marketing campaigns and in-store Point of Sale.
you have registered your details on the FreshStop Rewards App as per the FreshStop Rewards Program terms and conditions which can be found on the FreshStop Rewards App.
- HOW TO ACCEPT THE OFFER
- You have selected and booked the Caltex offer labelled Get R12 Reward for every R300 spent when filling up on any fuel at:
3.1.1Caltex South Gate Service Station at 1 Ashgate Road, South Gate Industrial Park, Umbogintwini, Durban
3.1.2 Caltex Toti Oasis at 462 Kingsway Road, Amanzimtoti, Durban;
3.1.3 Caltex South Coast Auto at 34 Kingsway Road, Amanzimtoti, Durban
to reserve it
- You have visited any of the 3 service stations stipulated in Clause 3.1.1, 3.1.2 and / or 3.1.3 and purchased fuel for R300 or more per transaction during the promotion period.
- You have requested the FreshStop Point of Sale tax receipt/slip (not EFT slip) from in-store via the petrol attendant. Please note that your EFT Receipt cannot be used to enter. You will need to specifically request the petrol attendant to supply you with the matching In Store POS receipt/slip from the cashier in-store to enter the promotion and redeem the reward.
- You have captured the In Store POS receipt/slip via the FreshStop Rewards app and clicked submit
- You have claimed your cash reward and clicked submit
- FreshStop at Caltex will be responsible for awarding the R12 cash rewards (and multiples thereof, if applicable) in 4 days as a cash pay out to winners’ online wallet which can be cashed out directly to the winners’ bank account or alternatively the Cash Reward can be stored in the app to accumulate as Savings so the winner can cash out at a later stage. The FreshStop Rewards Program terms and conditions apply and can be viewed on the FreshStop Rewards app.
- There will be a total of 500 offers of R12 per participating station available during the promotion period and the offer will cease at promotion end date or as soon as the 500 offers have been awarded at each of the stations.
- You may take up this offer as many times as you want during the promotional period but note that to qualify for each R12 reward offer, you need to comply with Clause 1 – 3.
4.1 Astron Energy (Pty) Ltd is the promoter of this Offer. Any reference to we/us/our includes our directors, members, partners, sponsors, agents or consultants, where the context allows for it.
4.2 By participating in this Offer, you agree to be bound by:
4.2.1 these terms and conditions;
4.2.2 the FreshStop Rewards Program terms and conditions
4.3 These terms and conditions shall apply to this Offer and all other information relating to this promotion and on any promotional or advertising material that is published.
4.4 You will automatically receive this Offer when complying with Clauses 3. and 4.
4.5 Entry into this Offer is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time during the Promotion, by posting such amendments on the FreshStop Rewards App.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any delay in delivery or failure of safe delivery of the Cash Reward
- All personal information will be handled in accordance with Clause 4.29 below.
- Rewards, or any unused portion thereof, are non-refundable, non-transferable or exchangeable and the winner indemnifies the Promoter and its representatives against any harm in experiencing or using a reward.
- The reward is valued up to what is listed above.
- The Promoter’s decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to either cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer.
- The Promoter and Freshstop will not be liable for any loss or
damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or
consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Offer and or prize/s/reward except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this Offer if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, including without limitation, technical malfunctions or failures or warranties (including warranties and functionalities of the prizes).
- If for any reason this Offer is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Offer, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Offer subject to any written directions under applicable legislation.
- The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Offer. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this Offer.
- If required by the Minister of Trade and Industry, the National Consumer Commission or for whatever other reason, we will have the right to terminate this Offer with immediate effect and without notice of such termination. In such event, all Entrants hereby waive any rights, which they may have against us and hereby acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against us.
- Reward winners, on acceptance of rewards, may be requested to be identified in publicity, broadcastings or publications with Caltex’s internal or external communications including social media. If Reward Winners consent to participation, their names (first name, last initial and town of residence) may also be announced on the Caltex Facebook page. The Reward Winners shall at all times be entitled to decline the above request. Winners that take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise.
- The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
- Participants warrant that they have full rights to the content that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and comments, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images, comments or any part thereof, in any and all media for the Promoter’s business purposes, including promotional/marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants. Such permission is perpetual and irrevocable. Participants release and agree to hold harmless the Promoter and all acting with their authority from any liability for such use and from any other claims arising from such use.
- Social media sites include but are not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Original content includes but is not limited to, any piece of written content, audio or visual video or sound clips, images and photos.
- If participants include any personal information of third parties in content that they upload or other information provided to the Promoter for purposes of the Offer, they must be legally permitted to provide such information and to grant the permission referred to in clause 24 in respect of such information.
- Each participant indemnifies the Promoter against any losses suffered or claims made against the Promoter as a result of the participant not being legally permitted to provide such information or grant the Promoter permission to use it.
- Content created for the Offer may not be in any way derogatory or harmful to any party; public, entrants or promoters. Such content shall be removed and the creator banned from the site. Content which is seen to do the following shall be removed from the site and the creator will be banned: content that is perceived to be spam; the collection of personal information; content that serves a commercial purpose; or content that is deemed malicious. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any such content without prior warning.
- The Promoter reserves the right to judge these pieces of content and will use their own discretion in determining whether or not they are outside the guidelines set out in these terms and conditions.
- The Rewards may not be awarded (and entries disqualified) if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if the Promoter detects and/or suspects any irregularities or fraudulent practices.
- The Promoter collects personal information about entrants (including identification, contact and address information) in order to contact them about the Offer and where appropriate, verify their identity to award and deliver rewards. Personal information will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement available at https://www.caltex.com/za/privacystatement.html and may be used for other purposes as set out in the Privacy Statement.
- Independent registered auditors and/or attorneys appointed by FreshStop will oversee the FreshStop Rewards Program.
- The laws of South Africa apply to this Offer to the exclusion of and other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
*Disclaimer: Information was correct at time of publishing but may be subject to