Banana Smoothie Bowl:
- 1 Banana
- Peanut Butter or Peanuts
- Toppings, such as toasted seeds and nuts. Strawberries etc.
Cook the oats as you like them. Blend the banana, peanut butter and cinnamon. Top the oats with the thick banana smoothie. Drizzle with some peanut butter or tahini and add toppings
Carrot Cake Smoothie Bowl:
- 1/2 Banana
- 1/2 cup Rugani Carrot Juice
- 1/2 cup Ice
- 4 Dates
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- Walnuts or Pecan Nuts, chopped
- Coconut Shavings or Desiccated Coconut
Blend up all the ingredients, except for the toppings. Put into your favourite bowl and top with the toppings.
Avocado Green Smoothie Bowl:
- Handful of spinach (about 1/3 Cup)
- Half an Avo
- 1/3 Cup Milk (Dairy, Coconut or Almond)
- 1/4 Cup Double Cream Yoghurt or Vanilla Flavoured Yoghurt
- 1/2 Small Banana
Blend all the ingredients together. Place in your favourite bowl and add some toppings of choice.
Peach and Mango Smoothie Bowl
- 1 Peach
- 1/2 Mango
- 3/4 Cup Pineapple
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup coconut water
Blend all the ingredients until smooth and put in your favourite bowl! Top with dates, fruit slices and coconut
Strawberry Smoothie Bowl:
- 1/2 cup plain double thick yoghurt
- 1/2 cup fresh/frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh/frozen raspberries
- 1 large banana
- A few ice blocks
- A little honey to taste
- Enough cold water to cover the ingredients in the blender
Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blitz together. Pour into your preferred bowl and decorate with delicious toppings.
Summer Fruit Mix Bowl:
- Half a coconut
- 125g Double cream yoghurt
- 150g Strawberries
- 125g Fresh Mixed fruit salad
- 2 tbsp Cashew nuts chopped
Place the yoghurt and 100g of strawberries into a blender and blitz for one minute. Pour this into the halved coconut. Mix the fresh fruit salad mix and chopped cashews together, then spoon this onto the yoghurt in the halved coconut. Garnish with 50g strawberry halves and it is ready to serve!
You’ve seen the pictures taking over Instagram – all those beautiful #SmoothieBowls. So have some fun, it’s your turn to try it. We’ve got a few simple topping ideas for you:
- Chia Seeds
- Toasted Coconut Chips or toasted desiccated coconut. Place coconut on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with some salt and cinnamon (if desired). Bake in the oven at about 120 degrees Celsius until they are very lightly browned and crisp. OR, toast the desiccated coconut on a non-stick pan on the stove top at a low heat.
- Toasted Seeds, incl sunflowers, pumpkin and Sesame seeds
- Fruit Slices
- Apple Chips – slice your apple into thin slices. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven at a low temperature until they crisp. Just before taking them out, sprinkle some cinnamon on top for that extra flavour.
- Roasted Nuts (whole or chopped)
- Nut butter, or Tahini