Red And Yellow Route, V&A Waterfront
Running is the best way to blow off some steam and what better way than blowing off some steam than running between Table Mountain and the Atlantic.
There are two routes:
- The 2.5 Km that you will start at the Aquarium, passing the One&Only Hotel and the Cape Grace Hotel. This route will be indicated with yellow markers at various points and ends as you pass round the Time Bay Tower to your left.
- The 5 Km that will have the same starting point as the 2.5 Km but you will pass the Time Bay Tower and all the way around the northern part of the waterfront. This route will be indicated with red markers.
Fancy a trail run?
In/Near Cape Town:
Deer Park in Vredehoek is a great place to start, whether you’re a beginnger or intermediate. Another great trail is Signal Hill or The Pipe Track with 360 degree views of Cape Town. In the Southern Suburbs you can try the Alphen Trail or Constantia Green Belt.
If you are heading out of Cape Town, here are some other trails to try:
- Jonkershoek or Coetzenberg – Stellenbosch
- Mont Rochelle – Franschhoek
- Helderberg Nature Reserve – Somerset West
- Fernkloof Nature Reserve – Hermanus
Castleburn Loop de Loop
The Castle Burn estate has four epic trails for you to go and blow of some steam and go for a run.
- The Yellow Route: about 2 Km around the dam.
- The Red Route: 3 Km further above the dam.
- The White route: 4 Km (The skyline Route, includes a great view of the Rhino Peak)
- The Blue –River Route: 6 Km, This route includes some of the white route.
Krantzkloof Nature Reserve:
The Zoo Lake is perfect for joggers that can run the circular route to their heart’s content. This is a small running route, but it is one of those places where you can just let go and run until you can’t run no more and then enjoy a 5 min minute break under the trees and enjoy the fresh air.
If it’s a pleasant walk or a run in the nature. The Sacramento trail is perfect for you. This trail is a circular 8 Km route through the Schoenmakerskop-Sardinia Bay Nature Reserve. That takes you across some of the most remarkable sea and landscape in Port Elizabeth.
Root and Roll
Root and roll is the longest route around the Saaveld plantation. At the most western side there is a short extension to the famous Pepsi Pools. This spot offers a cool swimming hole and small waterfall.
Starting point: Garden Route Dam parking area
Finishing point: Garden route Dam parking area
Distance : -+ 18 Km ( -+ 1h – 1h30min)