June is World Avocado Month as proclaimed by the World Avocado Organization (WAO). and that means it’s time for some fun facts and reasons why you should be eating more Avocado. Let us begin:
- Avocado is incredibly nutritious: Here are some of the most abundant nutrients, in a single 3.5 ounce (100 gram) serving (3)
- Vitamin K: 26% of the required daily amount (RDA)
- Vitamin E: 10% of the RDA
- Vitamin B5: 14% of the RDA
- Vitamin B6: 13% of the RDA
- Potassium: 14% of the RDA
- Vitamin C: 17% of the RDA
- You get more Potassium in an Avocado than you do in a Banana which is a Nutrient that most people are not getting enough of.
- Avocados are loaded with Fibre which is an indigestible plant matter that can contribute to weight loss, reduce blood sugar spikes
- Eating Avocados can help lower cholesterol and Triglyceride levels
- Avocados are delicious and are easy to incorporate into most diet plans
At the end of the day, avocados are awesome food, which boasts a lot of health benefits and nutrients that are essential for the human body.