Deliciously smooth & creamy cheesecake pops are the perfect dessert for a Summer’s day, and another way to add fruit into your kids’ diet.
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 6 hrs | Yields: 6 pops
- 1 cup milk
- 100 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 & 1/2 Cups strawberries, mashed
- In a small saucepan over a low heat, combine milk, cream cheese, honey and vanilla.
- Whish the mixture constantly until the cream cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Layer the mashed fruits and cooled cheesecake mixture into your moulds.
- Make sure there are no bubbles.
- Freeze until firm.
- Run the pops until water for a few seconds to help release the pops.
Any berries can be used in this recipe such as blackberries, raspberries or even mulberries from your garden.
We used the Zoku Quick Pop Mould. It freezes ice pops in just 7 minutes! It’s the quickest, tastiest dessert you can make. Available at @Home, view it on www.home.co.za.
Recipes courtesy of Zoku.